Thursday, February 17, 2011

January's Brew is: Not your average Blonde

January's brew was another Midwest Supplies kit clone. I build the kits myself from the ingredient list they provide which gives me the opportunity to tweak the recipe as I like. So the blonde ale has flaked wheat, wheat and barley malt extracts, some specialty grain malts and Williamete hops. Primary fermentation was 2 weeks and secondary fermentation an additional 2 weeks. This recipe is the first time I am trying dry hoping in the secondary stage (Williamette dry hoping in secondary stage). We will see how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. How do I know which malts are kosher, are they all kosher?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the VERY LONG overdue verdict on this brew is that it was an excellent beer. Hazy in color, good conditioning and a nice flavor. In fact i liked it enough to enter it in the annual (2011) Samuel Adams Longshot Homebrew Contest. Granted I didn't win, but it was still cool to enter it and have my homebrew professionally scored. I will try to upload a picture and copy of the scoresheet. I will certainly try again next year with at least a few recipes.

    ReplyDelete