Friday, February 6, 2015

A Belgian Whitbeer brew is in the works

Before I brewed my Oktoberfest, I made sure to have an ale in the works. Everyone has been asking me to make a Belgian Whitbeer. I am not a huge fan of the wheat beers in general as I find them to be a little too tart for my liking, but I didn't want to let all my buddies down. So to all of you who have been asking for a Belgian... it's in the works. Naturally, I didn't want to make a plain Jane recipe so I decided on a Honey Wheat Belgian, brewed with barley and wheat extracts,  2lbs of clover honey, orange peel, coriander and lightly hopped. Sounds good to me, let's see what the fans have to say.
2/22/15- My apologies, the title of this brew is actually called Honey Weizen, which technically has German background, I modified it though to resemble a Whitbeer of Belgian decent with the orange peel and corriander seeds. Either way, I tasted it last night while bottling it and it has a really nice honey aroma, a bit of sweetness from the honey, orange and coriander and a warming feel from the extra alcohol attributed to the honey. I'm looking forward to the final conditioned product.

No comments:

Post a Comment